Down below you can read everything about the intro package.
Enthousiastic? You can sign up >> here
<< for the interest list. If sign-ups open we will send you an email.
If you have any questions about any part of the intro, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The ESAC Intro: how lovely!
Nice that you show interest in membership of the ESAC! The ESAC offers its members everything to practice mountain sports: climbing activities, information, training and equipment. Our climbing activities cover the entire range; from sport climbing and bouldering in a climbing hall, to rock climbing in the Belgian rocks, to climbing four-thousand meters in the Alps. In addition, there are also other activities such as training, drinks, ski touring, hiking weekends and much more ...
More information about the ESAC can be found on this website. Feel free to look around and discover what the ESAC does! Does it seem interesting to you, but you are not sure yet? Come and visit the training on Wednesdays to get a taste. More info about that here. You can also contact the board by sending an email to email@example.com. We are happy to show you what climbing is all about and how you can fully enjoy it at ESAC.
Why should I become a member of ESAC?
- Climbing is a wonderful sport, you don't play against each other but you help each other often. That makes the atmosphere in climbing halls very relaxed. You also challenge yourself physically and mentally when climbing.
- As a member you can learn to climb in a safe way. You may not just go climbing in climbing halls. Can you climb already? Then make the step to leadclimbing, climbing outside or multi-pitching outside! A lot is possible.
- With ESAC we have regular training, free or with a discount. You get to know so many people, learn to climb better and relax, for a student prize.
- More than 10 weekends are organized each year where we go climbing outside, in Belgium and Germany. You can join this if you have followed a number of courses.
- After training, people often have a drink afterwards, there are monthly drinks on stratum and there are regular parties with ESAC or sister associations throughout the country.
- In addition to sport climbing and bouldering, we also practice alpinsime: mountain climbing. Is that more your thing? Then follow a course and take your first steps in mountain climbing, or a follow-up course to expand your skills. (Tour) ski courses are also offered in winter. Many members can be found in the Alps in both winter and summer.
How do I know if I can become a member?
There are of course a few requirements for becoming a member:
- Students from Eindhoven University of Technology, Fontys Hogescholen Eindhoven and the Design Academy can become members of the ESAC.
- To become a member of the ESAC, you must have a sports card from the Student Sports Center Eindhoven. You can purchase this at the sports center and with it you can also immediately practice all other sports that the sports center offers.
- The contribution is € 30 per academic year. This is also if you join in the summer intro. If you join in the spring intro the price is € 15.
Becoming a member, how do I do that?
You can register with ESAC throughout the year using the form on the sign up page here. However, in order to offer new members the best possible start, an intro period is organized twice a year: the "normal" intro, immediately following the start of the new academic year, and the spring intro, around March.
During an intro period you go to a number of activities with your intro group, including an Indoor-Toprope course for those who are not yet allowed to climb independently and a climbing weekend - one of the nicest activities of the ESAC. By participating in an intro period you ensure that you get to know a lot of people within the association and thus find your place earlier. The vast majority of the new members sign up for an intro period, including those who can already climb.
Below you will find more information about the contents of the intro period.
Here is what the intropackage contains:
- Intro group with two intro parents. Together with your parents, you will eat together and with your group you will visit the activities below.
- Indoor Toprope course. With this you can climb and belay in all climbing halls in The Netherlands. Do you already have your toprope certificate? Then you no longer have to follow the course and, thus, do not pay for it.
- 1 introduction weekend where you will go climbing abroad.
- Climb once in another climbing hall in Eindhoven.
- Intro shirt.
- The price for the introduction package is about 109 euros.
- As mentioned earlier, you also need a sports card from the SSC to be able to become a member. Check the SSC website for the current price.
- You can follow the course on sports shoes, but climbing shoes are the standard and highly recommended. These cost a minimum of €50. Next to this you also need a climbing harness, safebiner and belaying device. During the course these can be rented, but afterwards you will need to buy your own, which costs around €90. To keep this as affordable as possible, we offer a material deal for this where you can buy everything excluding shoes in one go with a nice discount.